The Daily Crunch is TechCrunch’s roundup of our biggest and most important stories. If you’d like to get this delivered to your inbox every day at around 9am Pacific, you can subscribe here.
1. Slack prices IPO at $26 per share
Slack is debuting on the New York Stock Exchange today. Trading hasn’t opened yet as I write this, but The Wall Street Journal reports that the company has set a price of $26 per share.
The enterprise communication company is pursuing a direct listing, eschewing the typical IPO process in favor of putting its current stock on to the NYSE without doing an additional raise or bringing on underwriter banking partners.
2. Waymo takes its self-driving car ambitions global in partnership with Renault-Nissan
Waymo has locked in an exclusive partnership with Renault and Nissan to research how commercial autonomous vehicles might work for passengers and packages in France and Japan.
3. UK age checks for online porn delayed after bureaucratic cock-up
Digital minister Jeremy Wright said the government failed to notify the European Commission of age verification standards it expects companies to meet. Without this notification, the government can’t legally implement the policy.
4. iRobot acquires education startup Root Robotics
Root Robotics is the creator of an eponymous coding robot, a two-wheeled device designed to draw on whiteboards and other surfaces, scanning colors, playing music and otherwise playing out coding instructions.
5. SaaS data protection provider Druva nabs $130M, now at a $1B+ valuation, acquiring CloudLanes
Druva has made a name for itself as a provider of cloud-based solutions to protect and manage IT assets.
6. Why all standard black Tesla cars are about to cost $1,000 more
Tesla will start charging $1,000 for its once-standard black paint color next month, according to a tweet by CEO Elon Musk.
7. Tally’s Jason Brown on fintech’s first debt roboadvisor and an automated financial future
We sat down with Tally’s founder and CEO Jason Brown to discuss a new funding round, Tally’s growth strategy and the company’s vision for an automated financial future. (Extra Crunch membership required.)