NAGPUR/CHANDRAPUR: Two more cases of rape were confirmed at the Rajura tribal hostel on Saturday, even as horrific details of the systematic sexual abuse, in which six minor girls were earlier found to have been raped, were revealed. Not just that, 18 more are suspected to have undergone the same ordeal. According to reports following investigations and interactions by CID, a court-appointed panel and social activists, the accused used to administer oral sedatives to the minors after dinner, which would make them unconscious. In their interactions, the girls have given the name of a person closely linked to the hostel management. Police sources said the girls used to be taken to a secluded place in the hostel under the pretext of being treated. Girls being treated for med issues, hostel inmates toldOther inmates were made to believe that hostel authorities were treating the girls for medical problems. It was not confirmed whether the accused used to send the girls outside or committed the crimes in the hostel itself,” a source said. If the girls complained of pain the following day, the hostel authorities used to convince them that it was due to medicines. “If there were complications, they (hostel authorities) used to take the girls to a private practitioner instead of the Government Medical College, Chandrapur, without informing their parents. The abuse continued till the girls overdosed on sedatives, leading to severe complications,” the source said. The superintendent and deputy superintendent of the hostel were arrested on April 13 and April 14 after medical tests confirmed the rape of two girls, aged nine and 11, who were admitted to the Chandrapur government hospital on April 6. A total of 13 girls had fallen unconscious on that day. Sources had then said that police had recovered condoms and Viagra pills from hostel superintendent Chaban Pachare’s office. Four more girls have approached the HC-appointed panel, which recommended medical tests for them. Tests confirmed that two of them were raped. The HC-constituted panel has submitted a preliminary report to the court, which will be handed over to the CID. The aggrieved mothers of the survivors told TOI that their wards didn’t remember what happened at night, but would feel drowsy and experience pain the next day. #ElectionsWithTimes